Here’s how to add a little browser icon that represents your shop - a favicon - to your theme.
Add a little flair
- Upload your favicon image to favicon-generator.org using the Choose file > Create Favicon options.
- Click Download, and you’ll receive a zip file with different favicon sizes.
- Upload the .ico file from the zip to a hosting site, like Postimage or Dropbox.
- Go to Account > Customize design in your desktop admin.
- Navigate to Advanced and choose Layout.
- Click the Custom button to edit the code.
- Just before the
</head>tag, paste in the following - be sure to replace the
https://example.com/favicon.icolink with your favicon’s URL:
<link href="https://example.com/favicon.ico" rel="icon" type="image/x-icon">
Then click Done and Save. Once it’s added, open up your shop in a new tab or window in your browser to see your favicon in action.
Using Dropbox for your image hosting? First, copy the “share” link for your image in Dropbox. Then modify the end of that URL so instead of ending in
dl=0, it ends with
raw=1instead, like so: