Add PayPal as a payment method to your Big Cartel shop with PayPal Express Checkout. PayPal Express Checkout offers the convenience and security of PayPal, can be set up in minutes, and can turn more shoppers into buyers.
Looking for our old PayPal Standard checkout?
- Price: PayPal’s fees start at 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
- Requirements: Big Cartel account, verified PayPal Business account
- Developer: Big Cartel
- Support: Big Cartel
- Head to the Settings > Checkout area of your Big Cartel admin.
- Click Accept PayPal payments, and you’ll be prompted to log in to or create your PayPal account.
- Once you’re logged in, you’re all set! Click Go back to Big Cartel and your PayPal account is connected.
Please note that a verified PayPal Business account is required to accept payments with PayPal Express. You can check your account status (and upgrade if necessary) over at PayPal’s website.
- Faster, more reliable storefront - everyone using PayPal Express checkout is also using our new storefront system, which is incredibly fast, secure and stable, and tracks dashboard stats more accurately than ever before.
- Guest checkout - customers without a PayPal account can still complete their purchase and pay with a credit card by choosing the guest checkout option on PayPal’s offsite checkout page.
- Seller protection - elligible transactions are protected by a merchant-friendly dispute process using PayPal’s Seller Protection.
Can I use my PayPal shipping settings with PayPal Express?
PayPal’s shipping profiles/calculator settings can’t be used with PayPal Express, so you’ll need to set up shipping costs for each product listing in your Big Cartel admin.
How do I change which PayPal account is connected to my store?
Head to the Settings > Checkout section of your Big Cartel admin, tap the green Accepting PayPal payments button to disconnect, then click that button again to connect a different PayPal account. You’ll be prompted to log in to your account and grant permission to Big Cartel. That’s it!
Keep in mind your PayPal account will need to be verified and upgraded to the Business plan in order to accept PayPal Express payments.