Shopping on Instagram gives your instagram followers access to pricing and product details both within the Instagram feed and through the Shop button on your business profile. By tapping on a post, instagram users can take the next step to learn more about products that inspire them from the brands they love.
Heads up! Instagram and Facebook must approve your products to be tagged in your Instagram posts you’ll want to keep in mind that the Instagram browser experience isn’t always ideal for your buyers. We’ve included the required steps from Instagram and facebook below. While it’s not a guarantee your shop will be approved, it may help get your products on Instagram’s radar.
To submit your Big Cartel products to be approved by Facebook and Instagram, you’ll need the following:
- Instagram business profile
- Business Manager set up for your shop’s Facebook page
- Instagram profile synced to your Facebook page
- Upload your catalog to your Facebook business manager. Note that Facebook may prompt you to create a shop in their marketplace, but this is a separate thing so you’ll want to be sure to ignore those prompts while you work on uploading your catalog. You can access your shop’s product feed at https://mybigcartelstore.bigcartel.com/products.xml (be sure to replace mybigcartelstore with your actual store’s subdomain).
- Verify your domain with Facebook. You’ll want to use the Meta tag option provided in Facebook’s verification steps.
- Wait for approval! It bears repeating that Facebook isn’t transparent with their approval process so we can’t provide much insight into if and when your products will be approved. If you run into any issues with this process, you’ll want to reach out to Facebook directly for more guidance.
After getting approved
If eligible and approved, Instagram will opt your account into the shopping feature. You’ll see an alert in your Instagram app if you’re approved, along with a new Shop tab in your Instagram profile when viewed in the app.