More than 16 million customers use MailChimp, the world’s largest marketing automation platform, to develop their e-commerce marketing strategy. With the new official MailChimp for Big Cartel integration, your customers and their purchase data are automatically synced with your MailChimp account, making it easy to send targeted campaigns, automatically follow up with customers post-purchase, and recommend products. And it’s completely free.
With MailChimp for Big Cartel you’ll be able to:
- Sync list and purchase data.
- Set up marketing automations to win back lapsed customers, and follow up post-purchase.
- Automatically send customizable order confirmation emails to your customers.
- Showcase personalized product recommendations.
- Track and segment customers based on purchase history and purchase frequency.
- View detailed data on your marketing performance in your MailChimp Dashboard to see what’s working and learn how you can get better.
- Grow your audience and sell more stuff with Facebook and Instagram Ad Campaigns in MailChimp.
- Automatically embed a pop-up form that converts your website visitors to subscribers. *
- Add discount codes created in Big Cartel to your emails and automations with a Promo Code content block. *
* Indicates a feature only available on a paid Big Cartel plan.
Heads up: certain features aren’t currently available with this integration.
- Conversion tracking via specific MailChimp campaigns.
- Triggering emails for order-related events other than order receipt emails.
- Abandoned cart marketing features.
- Price: MailChimp is free for up to 2,000 subscribers. Learn more.
- Requirements: MailChimp account
- Developer: MailChimp and Vextras
- Support: MailChimp and Big Cartel
- Authorize MailChimp to connect to your Big Cartel account.
- Connect to the MailChimp OAuth and add MailChimp login credentials.
- Choose a MailChimp list to sync to.
- Map fields from your Big Cartel store to MailChimp.
- Click Sync Now.
After installation, a “final” app page displays information about list settings, an optional script you can install to use premium features like installing a pop-up subscription form and a link to view event logs. Event logs will display sync history and order events as they happen in real-time.
Once you’ve got everything set up, your customers will see a new option to subscribe to your email list at checkout. If they check the box to opt-in, they’ll show up in your MailChimp list immediately after they place their order.
Want to create a pop-up subscribe form in your shop? If you’re on a paid Big Cartel plan, you can install MailChimp’s script after connecting your account to take full advantage of this feature.
Once you’ve installed the script in your theme’s Layout page, head to Connected Sites in your MailChimp account to install a pop-up form in your shop.
You can also take advantage of Promo Blocks in your newsletter template to automatically import discount codes you’d like to advertise to your subscribers.