If you use Big Cartel for iOS to take orders at concerts, craft fairs, and other events - you can use a Square reader to process in-person sales on Big Cartel! So the next time you’re meeting customers face to face, you can:
- Accept newer chip cards (EMV) with a quick dip.
- Accept older magstripe cards with a simple swipe.
- Accept Apple Pay, Android Pay, and other NFC payments with a tap.
If you already use Square for in-person sales, your sales process will stay just about the same - but you’ll no longer have to update the Square app when you add new products or make changes to your inventory. Let Big Cartel do the heavy lifting, and keep all your shop details in one place.
- Price: Square’s fees start at 2.75% per transaction
- Requirements: Big Cartel for iOS app, Square Point of Sale app
- Developer: Big Cartel
- Support: Big Cartel
- Download Big Cartel for iOS
- Sign up for Square and download Square Point of Sale
- Order your free Square reader and other optional hardware
That’s it! The next time you go to process an in-person order in the Big Cartel app, you’ll see a Square option that will walk you through the simple setup process.
Heads up! Square is currently available to shop owners in the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom. We hope to see this option expand to more countries in the future!
- Square offers three deposit options: Instant (on-demand), Scheduled (instantly at close of day), and Next Business Day (1-2 business days).
- Instant and Scheduled deposits include an additional fee of 1% of the deposit amount. Next Business Day deposits have no additional fee.
- Learn more about setting up your deposit options with Square here.